Strawberry tea is a delicious drink with a myriad of health benefits for our body. For that, then make strawberry tea properly so that health benefits can be obtained. Here we will explain about strawberry tea and its benefits and how to make strawberry tea correctly and quickly.
What is Strawberry Tea?
Strawberry tea is a herbal tea that is rich in benefits resulting from steeping strawberry leaves that grow wild in nature. Scientifically called by the name Fragaria vesca. Wild strawberries are also known as mountain strawberries, or alpine strawberries. This is different from the strawberries that are usually sold in stores, because these are specially taken from strawberries that grow wild and the part of the plant that is used for tea is the strawberry leaf.
Strawberry tea is divided into two types, some are black and some are white. This tea is sweetened with strawberries or by using strawberries for steeping tea.
However, the type of strawberry tea that we will explain below in this article is a tea made from dried and fragrant strawberry leaves. It is these dried leaves that then produce a warm, soothing tea that is quite similar to a strawberry.
How to Make Strawberry Tea
Ok, before we see what are the health benefits of strawberry tea, below we first see the strawberry tea recipe. To be able to enjoy a cup of strawberry tea, you can make your own from your home if you have wild strawberry leaves in your home.
You can get dried wild strawberry leaves from herbal or grocery stores. Here we see the strawberry tea recipe.
Strawberry Tea Recipe
Strawberry tea is made from dried and fragrant strawberry leaves. The is very delicious and fragrant. Here’s the recipe!
- A cup of dried wild strawberry leaves
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped and fresh strawberries,
- 4 glasses of water,
- 4 teabags,
- Honey as much as 2 teaspoons, you can also use other substitutes as a natural sweetener.
How to make:
- How to make strawberry tea is to mix water with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of strawberries in a saucepan, bring to a boil slowly. If using dried leaves, boil the water separately, add two teaspoons of dried strawberry leaves to the infuser or to the pitcher.
- Pour the hot water that is boiled separately, and steep for 10 minutes,
- Strain the leaves, serve while still warm,
Strawberry Tea Health Benefits
Strawberry tea can relieve diarrhea, relieve inflammation problems, this is a popular benefit of strawberry tea. This tea also provides bone density and is good for heart health.
Ok, read this article to the end, and get the health benefits of strawberry tea that you like.
– Strawberry tea is useful for stabilizing the digestive tract and reducing the occurrence of diarrhea. It is also a good diuretic to increase the frequency of urination and it is good for the elimination of toxins from the body.
– Another benefit of strawberry tea is that it reduces chronic inflammation. This will provide benefits towards reducing the risk of chronic disease. This is thanks to the presence of tannins, antioxidants and anthocyanins in strawberry leaves.
Also see: Wood Apple Benefits and How To Eat
– Based on research, strawberry tea is also beneficial for increasing bone density and good for calcium absorption.
– Another benefit of consuming strawberry tea is that it increases the body’s metabolism, this helps in weight loss efforts.
– Strawberry tea is also useful for improving endothelial function, this means it can help nourish the heart.
Strawberry Tea Side Effects
Drink in moderation, if you consume strawberry tea in excess, there will be side effects that appear, among the side effects are:
- Digestive disorders such as diarrhea,
- Bleeding disorders, due to strawberry leaves are blood thinning.
Consuming strawberry tea is generally safe for health. It is also safe for pregnant women to consume this tea as long as it is not excessive. But to be clear, you should ask and consult a gynecologist.