Biotin is great for healthy hair and skin, but if you take too much it can have a bad effect on your immune system, did you know that?
Biotin if consumed in the right amount, it is beneficial in lengthening hair, strengthening nails, healthy and flawless skin. However, before you try biotin, you should know first that the side effects of biotin are also dangerous.
Now one of the obstacles for women is to have healthy and beautiful hair and beautiful nails. So, living under the pressure of this lifestyle sometimes makes a person to take any kind of drug to achieve the goal without knowing the side effects. To have beautiful hair and nails, you need biotin, it’s even mentioned that biotin is a magic pill that can give you perfect beauty, especially hair and nails.
Biotin Benefits and Side effects
Recently consuming biotin has become a trend among women to have healthy skin and hair. But unfortunately, this actually causes problems and side effects. So, it is important for you to know everything about biotin, not only knowing the benefits of biotin but also knowing the side effects of biotin. This is important before you try to take this path to beautify yourself.
Biotin is a group of B vitamins, also known as vitamin H or vitamin B7, biotin is a water-soluble vitamin. Biotin is a component of enzymes in the body whose job is to break down fat, and carbohydrates to convert it into energy. The problem is that the human body does not store water-soluble vitamins, so we need to get them from the food we eat.
This is why, you should include biotin in your diet. According to nutritionist Manisha Chopra, biotin has important benefits for:
- Metabolic processes such as producing glucose and fatty acids in the body.
- Maintain healthy hair, skin, liver, eyes, nervous system and nails.
- Regulate blood sugar levels
- Regulates embryo growth during pregnancy
- Fights and reduces inflammation
- Increases good cholesterol in the body, and
- Improve cognitive function
Do not use supplements as a natural source of vitamins
The best way to get biotini is by eating healthy foods like eggs, fish, nuts, sweet, meat, potatoes, bananas, soybeans, mushrooms, whole grains, cauliflower and seeds.
Also see: How to Get Your Taste Back After Covid
In addition, the source of biotin is in foods such as Peanuts, walnuts, cereals and milk, it also contains biotin in small amounts.
Wait! Is it okay to consume too much of these foods to get a lot of biotin and increase our beauty. Stop, excess biotin does not provide benefits, but can actually have side effects on our bodies, especially on the body’s immunity. So, be careful and don’t consume too much biotin-rich foods.
Here we take a look at some of the side effects of consuming too much biotin:
1. Too much biotin in the body can damage vitamin C and reduce the amount of vitamin C, this can be bad for the immune system.
2. Excess biotin can also increase blood sugar levels and this is very dangerous for diabetics.
3. Side effects of too much biotin can also lower vitamin B6 levels and this is bad for the nervous system.
4. Excess biotin does not beautify the skin but instead causes a rash on the skin.
5. Another problem is related to the release of insulin because this can interfere with liver health.
6. Cause digestive problems and can cause intestinal problems.
7. Side effects of too much biotin can also cause excessive urine production. This can cause the kidneys to overload.
Biotin is very safe for the body and provides many benefits, but excess biotin can also cause side effects. Thus, maintaining the dose of biotin is very important. The recommended daily dose of biotin is 30 micrograms. If a woman is breastfeeding she can consume 35 micrograms, says Manisha Chopra.
So, it is important for women to consume biotin but it must be in the right dosage. Remember! If too much biotin can be dangerous because biotin has many side effects.