Health Benefits of Salmon – Fish is a source of nutrition to enhance their daily needs, even the fish is a side dish that should be there every mealtime. One of fish that saving many nutrients are salmon. Salmon fish living in freshwater in Amazon river. This fish is preferred because the texture of the meat is tender and tasty compared to other fish.
Health benefits of salmon are numerous, considering the number of vitamins and minerals in the meat of this fish.
Nutritional Value of Salmon
Salmon has more nutrients, the other fish that similar to salmon are sardines, mackerel, herring, halibut, and cod. Nutrient content in salmon is as follows:
- Omega 3
- High-Quality Protein
- Amino acid
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin B6
- vitamin B
- vitamin E
- Other ingredients such as calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium, and phosphorus
Health benefits of salmon can not be denied, with the rich content, the fish is also often called the super food. So, what the health benefits of salmon, let’s see below
Health Benefits of Salmon
1. Contains omega 3
One of the essential ingredients in salmon is omega 3. The presence of omega-3 in salmon beneficial for lowering bad cholesterol. LDL or bad cholesterol should always be removed for those of you who’ve heart disease, along with a decrease in LDL, salmon also can increase good cholesterol. Here are the details of the benefits of omega-3 in salmon:
Benefits salmon to maintain a healthy heart
- Reducing the risk of sudden death due to heart disease
- The benefits of omega-3 are also good for reducing the risk of stroke.
- Reduces the potential for heart disease for those who suffer from Type 2 diabetes
- Omega 3 is important for infant brain and eye development during pregnancy and babies
- Improve blood lipid patterns
- Improve blood vessel function
- Improve symptoms of immune and inflammatory disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, CHRONO diseases, and some skin conditions
- Reducing the risk of mental disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease and depression
Omega 3 fatty acids are very important for brain development, especially for infants and children.
2. Salmon contains many proteins
Protein is an important substance in the development of health, the body requires protein in the body’s metabolism, and can serve as a source of energy. Below are the benefits of proteins for the body.
- Source of energy
- Regulate the body’s metabolism
- Helping the process of muscle growth
- Assist in the formation of hormones
- Formation of antibodies substances
Protein content in salmon is very easily digested and absorbed. Salmon does not have carcinogens in it.
3. Salmon contains amino acids
Health benefits of salmon, salmon is a source of food containing amino acids that are essential to the body, the following is the benefit of amino acid for the body.
- Forming hemoglobin or red blood cells
- Forming white blood cells
- Stabilize blood sugar
- Increases energy
- Protection of the body from radiation
- Slow the growth of cancers and tumors
- Improve brain function
- As the body’s antibodies
- Improve mental abilities
4. Vitamin A in salmon
Health benefits of salmon from vitamin A. Vitamin A in salmon has a myriad of benefits that are not less important with the other vitamins; the following are benefits of vitamin A
- Maintain eye health
- wound healing
- prevent cancer
- source of antioxidants
- The body’s immune system
5. Vitamin D in Salmon
The health benefits of vitamin D:
- Good for maintaining bone health
- preventing osteoporosis
- Colon and prostate cancer prevention
- Caring for the skin
6. Vitamin B6 Salmon
In the salmon also contains vitamin B6, vitamin B6 benefits are:
- Increases energy
- Improve Heart Health
- The immune system
- nervous system
- Muscle health
Important Health Benefits of Salmon
It was some health benefits of salmon based on the content of vitamins. For those of us who frequently consume salmon, then the enormous benefit for our bodies are as follows.
1. Enhance intelligence
The content of amino acids, proteins, and B6 is one of the three substances that can support brain health.
2. Improve Heart Health
Health benefits of salmon also related to the heart. Heart health can be improved by eating salmon. The content of omega 3, protein and amino acids are substances that can help the heart work better.
3. Maintain Eye Health
Benefits of salmon for eye health. Salmon contain vitamin A, which can maintain eye health, the content is also beneficial to keep the vision to avoid cataracts or other eye diseases.
– Interesting Facts about Pecan Trees
– Best G Fuel Flavors – The Ultimate Guide
4. Maintaining bone health
Preventing osteoporosis is one of the functions of vitamin D. In the salmon vitamin D can be found in abundance.
5. Improve the immune system
Health benefits of Salmon in increasing immune system. Salmon has several compounds that can boost the immune system and keep the body from free radicals that causing cancer.