Mongongo oil is one of the essential oils that has many health benefits and uses. This oil comes from the mongongo nut. In plant science this bean plant is called by the name “Schinziophyton sharpenanenii” and it belongs to or belongs to the Euphorbiaceae family. Mongongo oil is rich in vitamin E, omgea 6, linoleic acid, iron, magnesium, copper, and calcium.
The health benefits of mongongo oil have to do with its regenerating, hydrating and restructuring properties. The benefit is that it can heal inflammation and improve the health of body cells. The method of extracting the oil is by the extraction method from mongongo nuts by cold pressing. Besides being rich in vitamin E, mongongo essential oil also contains eleostearic acid whose health benefits are to protect the body from the dangers of environmental pollution.
Also see: Okra Health Benefits, Nutrition Facts
Besides being rich in minerals, it also contains many types of vitamin nicotinic acid, vitamin E, thiamine, riboflavin, and y-tocopherol. There are also nutrients such as copper, magnesium, calcium, zinc and iron whose benefits are to provide better hair health.(source)
Traditional Benefits of Mongongo Oil
– It can be added to lotions, lip balms, sun care products, creams, butter formulations, and is also widely used as a massage oil.
– Useful for regenerating the skin, and moisturizing it.
– Great for hair maintenance, such as preventing various hair problems and stimulating its growth.
– It is also useful for preventing damage to the hair such as broken, damaged and tangled, as well as preventing the loss of hair shine
– Useful for beautifying the skin, moisturizing the skin and making it always refreshing.
– Protects hair from dryness due to air pollution
– How to use: Apply mongongo oil to the hair using his hands, and smooth it throughout your hair, the benefit is to prevent hair damage due to too strong sunlight and prevent hair damage due to the dangers of the chemicals you use.
– Mongongo essential oil is useful for maintaining the shine of your hair.
If you have allergies, regardless of type, then you should avoid using mongongo oil. In addition, the use of mongongo oil must also be removed from those of you who have sensitive skin, so first know your skin type before you apply it so that nothing bad happens to you.
So, if you don’t know your skin allergy, then patch test first and see how it reacts on the skin, if it’s safe that means you can use it for larger quantities. Then, in each use, you should only use it in moderation.