Let’s learn how to cut a pomegranate properly. This way you won’t be littering your table with ruby-red pomegranate seed juice. It’s simple but many overlook!
Pomegranate is one of our family’s favorite fruits, we often come to the mall just to get fresh pomegranates with ruby red or blackish seeds. Actually there are many types of pomegranate, some have reddish-white seeds, some are red and some are a bit black (a combination of red and black). The last one is the type of pomegranate that we really crave, otherwise we would have opted for the red one.
Yes, just because we wanted pomegranate, we had to come to the mall because where we live this fruit doesn’t grow well so it’s rare for anyone to grow it.
How to Cut a Pomegranate and Eat It
Ok, pomegranate is not only rich in nutrients and antioxidants but provides great freshness. It is very tasty in juice and drunk or eat the seeds directly after cutting the skin. However, what you have to pay attention to is how to cut the skin, if wrong then the pomegranate seeds can be damaged and release water and you can get dirty with the red color, especially if it hits your clothes. This will be a problem for you.
So, we will teach you how to open pomegranate properly so you can enjoy pomegranate seeds in peace, or make it into a juice that you enjoy in your favorite glass.
If I prefer to eat the seeds directly after removing the top or the thick skin which is like a shell. But some members of our family like to enjoy the juice in a glass after squeezing the pomegranate seeds with our orange squeezer. Actually, enjoying pomegranate seeds does not have to be like this, there are many recipes and ways that we can try. For example, you sprinkle ruby red pomegranate seeds on top of hummus, or add it to salads, and on top of desserts. It tastes sweet, fresh and thrills the tongue.
Ok, for those of you who like pomegranate, you should know how to cut a pomegranate and how to eat it. We will give you a step-by-step guide to cutting pomegranate, as well as how to take the seeds and remove the membrane between the pomegranate seeds. The method we share is very simple, and it doesn’t have to worry about your table getting covered in pomegranate juice.
How to Cut a Pomegranate
Now it’s time we learn to cut the pomegranate and remove the seeds. For those of you who don’t know how to eat pomegranate, we will also explain how to eat it here. Come on!
The important thing you pay attention to is the knife you use, it must be sharp because it cuts the skin of the pomegranate to make it hard. A sharp knife does not require strong pressure so as not to damage the pomegranate seeds inside.
1. Use a sharp knife, and cut off the top of the pomegranate (the part with the stem). I trimmed this part off 1/4 inch.
2. Next, slice the sides of the pomegranate, usually the pomegranate has 5 soft bumps on the surface, now your job is to make a slit in each part of the bump (the lower part). Cut along the white pith of the pomegranate. Be careful not to touch the seeds as they will release the juices.
Now that you’ve made incisions along the skin, you can now peel the pomegranate. Peel it into several pieces (as you have sliced earlier).
3. Now fill a medium bowl with water, soak the parts of the pomegranate (the part you have sliced or peeled). Use your hands to remove the pomegranate seeds one by one from the membrane. The pomegranate seeds will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the white membrane will float, take the membrane and throw it away. Drain and pick up the pomegranate seeds! that’s how to open a pomegranate! Pretty easy isn’t it.
How to Eat Pomegranate
After knowing how to cut a pomegranate, now we move on to how to eat it. How to eat a fun pomegranate. Do you eat the seeds as you would an orange or other fruit, or do you juice it and drink the juice like orange juice? It’s up to you!
But what we want to present here is that there are several ways to eat pomegranate that are more enjoyable. Pomegranate seeds are really a fun snack. It’s juicy, sweet, sour a bit, watery and fresh and its crunchy texture is delightful. In addition to eating pomegranate seeds directly, you can try to serve them with other foods such as salads or foods such as oats.
Here are some ways to enjoy pomegranate that we think is very fun and can add flavor to the food.
- Overnight oats – If you like oats, try adding a ruby red pomegranate seed, it will add flavor, and increase the supply of antioxidants from your diet.
- Baked Brie – If you like brie, try sprinkling pomegranate seeds on top, this will add texture and flavor to the melted cheese.
- Butternut Squash Hummus – Pomegranate seeds are sweet and sour taste very fitting to be combined with this food. This fall sauce will be even more rich and fun with these crunchy pomegranate arils.
- Stuffed Acorn Squash – The way to eat pomegranate is also suitable to be added to this delicious dish, the colorful arils on it will make it more beautiful and arouse appetite. It is suitable as food in the holiday season.
- Tahini Cookies – These chewy cookies are seasoned with crunchy and sweet arils. It really gives the impression of a perfect vacation.
- Butternut Squash Salad – Enjoy your salad with the addition of pomegranate arils, wild rice, with this addition it will make this dish boomy and crispy. This will add a bright touch to your fall dish.
See also this interest posts:
- 100+ Super Fruits to Add to Your Diet, Rich in Health Benefits
- The List Fruits That Are Not Round
- 15 Foods To Prevent Breast Cancer
- 21 Indian Side Dishes
Please express yourself with more dishes and recipes. Adding pomegranate (arils) on top of the dish will give a lot of impression and value and add antioxidants. Antioxidants are the type of nutrition we love so much about pomegranates. Enjoy the crunch of the pomegranate!