Do you like snacking? I think we all like to snack, especially snacks that are delicious and savory. Even if we try not to snack, we always have a snacking habit. So, the best thing that we should pay attention to is the nutrition of our snack foods. Because we can’t stop snacking, pay attention to the type of food so that what enters our body is nutrition, not empty food. So even though we have put a lot of food into the body, at least there is a nutritional value that we take in.
One of the best snacks with nutritional value is seaweed snacks. But not all seaweed snacks have good nutritional value. There are some snacks from seaweed that are good for consumption. We have collected some seaweed snacks that are currently popular and loved and are not inferior in nutritional value.
There are 7 seaweed snacks that we have prepared and you can get them online at Amazone. Among them are: Annie Chun’s, Sea’s Gift, Wickedly Prime, SeaSnax, gimMe Snacks, Tao Kae Noi, and Seaweed Love. In this article, we will highlight each of these snacks and will see what the advantages and disadvantages of each seaweed snack are.
The Best Seaweed Snacks To Choose
There are many brands of seaweed snacks and not all of them are healthy, and they have different flavors and different prices. We have collected at least 7 best seaweed snacks that you can try and you can get in online stores.
1. Annie Chun’s Seaweed Snacks
Annie Chun’s is a seaweed snack brand that is very popular in America. The taste is very tempting, makes many people addicted, and it is suitable as a snack.
Wasabi is a favorite food, it has a spicy taste and can make your eyebrows rise while enjoying it. Why do people love Annie Chun’s seaweed snacks? Let’s take a look at the main features.
- It has four flavours, sea salt, sea salt and vinegar, wasabi and sesame.
- Certified organic, gluten free so those of you who are gluten intolerant can consume it, then vegan, no preservatives, and free of trans fat and cholesterol.
- A serving provides 25 calories and per container provides 50 calories
Annie Chun’s Weaknesses:
By adding salt in the seasoning, the seaweed will be more salty, because naturally seaweed tastes salty. Sometimes it’s also inconsistent in taste.
2. Wickedly Prime Organic Roasted Seaweed Snacks
Another seaweed snack is Wickedly Prime Organic Roasted. This snack is labeled as Amazon’s own product, meaning it is manufactured by the company, and is stamped exclusively for shoppers on Amazon.
Also shows that this snack has a low and affordable price. Reliable delivery, and very good quality for a competitive price.
Amazon has unparalleled purchasing power, so they can reduce prices and still sell premium, high-quality products. Some of the advantages of this seaweed snack are:
- Organic and seasoned seaweed, this is a healthy and savory snack
- Has four interesting flavors to choose from: Among them are Korean Kalbi, Sea Salt, Wasabi, and Maui Onion.
- The portion still contains a few calories, which is 25 cal.
Part of the reason so many people choose it is because it’s high in taste, and it’s also a little oilier than other brands.
3. Sea’s Gift
Next, the best seaweed snack that you can try is Sea’s Gift. It is a thin seaweed and is said to be a gift from the sea.
If you’ve just tried a seaweed snack, you may need a bite or two to get the delicious taste. But after that you will be addicted to continue to consume it. Even when your pocket is empty, you still want to taste it.
- For added spiciness, lightly toast with sesame oil or the best substitute for sesame oil.
- Low calorie and cholesterol free
- Per package contains 30 calories. It also contains 100% of the daily iodine intake.
Disadvantages of Sea’s Gifts:
Many people think that the 24 pack is a worthwhile purchase. If you’ve never tried seaweed snacks, these smell and taste like seafood. So buying in bulk is only done by those who know what to do with the snack.
4. gimMe Snacks Roasted Seaweed Snacks
This is a seaweed snack which is available with 6 choices of flavours. The most popular is the traditional sea salt variation. It became the best-selling product in the seaweed category available on Amazon’s online store. While the food with the name “Teriaki” becomes the third alternative.
- This seaweed snack is rich in protein, iodine, fiber, vitamins A, C, and Vitamin B12 as well as minerals.
- Compatible with all diets, compatible with the keto diet, and low-carb, vegan and gluten-free diets.
- They harvest grass continuously in South Korea.
The taste of gimMe seaweed snacks is not as strong as those of other brands. So, in terms of taste, it is still inferior to several other brands. But for those of you who like unsalted food, this brand is for you.
5. SeaSnax Seaweed Snacks
SeaSnax Seaweed is one of the interesting seaweed snacks to have. Not only does it taste good but this snack is made using quality ingredients such as using olive oil, they avoid using sunflower oil and canola oil.
Using seasoning spices from organic ingredients, does not contain soy, canola, sesame, or sunflower.
No sugar, no cholesterol, low fat, and contains only 15 calories per serving, so this snack is not only healthy but also loved by children.
The seaweed used is sustainable from seaweed farmers in South Korea.
This snack uses a large package, so for your health, you should only consume up to 15 calories. So, there are many snacks that are small in packaging so you don’t consume excessive amounts.
6. Seaweed Love
Seaweed Love is a type of seaweed snack as well and is still classified as a snack that is worth consuming.
The seaweed love brand has a family tradition of seaweed snacks. It is said that there is historical value to this snack. This is said to exist because of a grandmother’s love and teaching her family to make this snack.
- The packages vary, this gives you the opportunity to choose between sesame oil or olive oil. Moreover, there are options with wasabi and coconut oil flavors.
- Baked to perfection to give it a nice crunch, it’s chewy, and it prevents this snack from crumbling when you taste it.
- Gluten-free, this is a fat-free seaweed snack with a lot of flavor and provides only 25 calories per serving.
Just like all other seaweed products, because the package is big you can try the small package to try out your experience. The taste of this seaweed snack is like fishy and not much flavor so this product lags behind other products.
7. Tao Kae Noi Seaweed Snacks
Next, the seaweed snack you need to try is Tao Kae Noi Seaweed Snacks. This is a snack brand that is rich in taste, different from the previous brands which are weak in taste. This brand is available in many flavors and options. Every week you can enjoy a seaweed snack with a new aroma.
- This snack is packed with strong flavors like Tom Yam Goong, hot chili squid, or like spicy tempura.
- Covered with tempura to maintain the crunch and as a satiation snack.
- Great as a soup topper, or as a cracker, it even has more of a consistency than chips compared to many other seaweed snacks.
Disadvantages of Tao Kae Noi Seaweed:
This tempura seaweed snack is crunchier, filling, and it’s like a chip and cheese snack. But precisely because of this it loses a lot of value as a healthy snack. Even this snack is packed in a bag that is too big compared to the amount of food in it.
Is dried seaweed good to eat?
Dried seaweed is very low in fat and low in calories, but it is high in fiber, as well as vitamins and minerals. So, this includes a very good snack.
If you soak the seaweed snacks in oil, salty spices, dough, then the nutritional value will be reduced.
Can you eat too much seaweed snacks?
If you ask “can you eat a lot of seaweed”, then it depends on the need for iodine because seaweed is rich in iodine. If you consume iodized salt, then you do not seem to need to consume a lot of seaweed.
But in some parts of the world, iodine deficiency is still a problem for health. Likewise, those who consume too much iodine, this will have problems with their thyroid and this is very dangerous.