Do you want to know how to make anti-bacterial hand soap? If this is what you’re looking for, and you’ve come to the right site, read on for the recipe or how to make it.
Making antibacterial soap is easy. The final product is liquid soap, soft, and fragrant and has anti-bacterial properties. This anti-bacterial comes from the essential oil used.
So let’s get started!
Making hand soap usually uses sodium hydroxide. However, there is another way to make hand soap, you can use potassium hydroxide. But we already have some ingredients to make our own soap with anti-bacterial properties. Check out the following steps!
- You can use a bar of soap made by the cold or hot process,
- Next shave the bar into the water and melt the soap.
- Let stand until cool and let it turn into a gel,
- Blend it and ready to go!
This method is how to make hand soap with 100% natural ingredients. It uses pure ingredients such as essential oils, and can save costs due to the high yields.
What are the steps for making anti-bacterial soap? Below I will explain the methods in detail.
Antibacterial Essential Oils
We use anti-bacterial oil in making this anti-bacterial soap. Essential oils have been scientifically proven to be active ingredients and are effective in attacking bacteria and viruses. H1N1 strains and herpes virus have been tested and the effect on decongestion, bronchial relaxation, this will provide relief breathing.
There are many different essential oils, some of which are great for making anti-bacterial soaps, including the following.
List of the best essential oils to kill bacteria:
- Tea tree essential oil
- cinnamon essential oil,
- Rosemary essential oil
- Oregano essential oil
- Eucalyptus essential oil
- Clove oil and bergamot oil
So, there are many choices for you, you can use your favorite soap in the list above. You can use a ready-made soap and add antibacterial essential oil, or you can make hand soap from antibacterial essential oil.
DIY Liquid Hand Soap
- 4 homemade natural soap bars (approx. 4 ounces each)
One gallon of water (filtered)
- 5 drops of tea tree essential oil 5
- Eucalyptus essential oil as much as 5 drops
- Clove essential oil is also as much as 5 drops
- Rosemary essential oil as much as 5 drops,
- And 5 drops of oregano essential oil
Tools that need to be prepared:
- Large pot to hold a gallon of water,
- Grated cheese
- Blender stick
How to Make:
– Take 4 bars of soap (4 ounces per stick), grate it into a pot of filtered water one gallon,
– Turn on the pan over low heat, gently shake the soap until it melts well and is well mixed,
– Don’t make too many bubbles,
– When the soap is completely melted and fused, remove from the stove, and let it cool to room temperature.
– Add the essential oil, then beat again with the blender wand. Do not let the blender submerge so as not to cause too many bubbles to appear,
– Then put this soap in the freezer until it becomes a gel, and has not frozen. It will probably look very thick and look like jello,
– Take the blender wand and stir again until the soap acquires a beautiful creamy texture,
– At this point, you’re done, keep your soap in an easy-to-reach place. Put it in a small bottle so that it is easier for you to use it in the shower.
– Take little by little as you need,
Ok, that’s how to make antibacterial soap with essential oils. If you can make DIY soap, why buy one.